STEP ONE: GATHER SUPPLIES
- 25′ measuring tape
- Unlined paper
STEP TWO: DRAW THE OUTLINE OF THE SPACE
- Sketch the outline of your room as if looking down from a birds eye view. Example below.
- Include any windows, doors, and openings. Show which way the doors open and indicate where each door or opening leads (i.e. “hall to kid’s bedrooms”)
- Show where power points are located with an “X”
- Indicate if there is a TV in the room where it is located with ( TV ) on your sketch
STEP THREE: MEASURE THE SPACE
- Measure overall length of each internal wall with your measuring tape
- Show each measurement of all windows, doors, openings, and fixtures (i.e. a fireplace) as displayed below
- Show all measurements in INCHES.
- Indicate the ceiling height in the center of the sketch of the space. Label as “CH”.
STEP FOUR: SCAN IN YOUR FLOORPLAN
- If you have access to a scanner, scan in your floor plan (you will need it to attach to your design profile)
- A clear picture can be submitted in lieu of a scan if you do not have access to a scanner
STEP FIVE: HIGH FIVE YOURSELF
- You’re done!